Monday, October 31, 2011

week 9 response


I loved what Spankle said, "“picture is worth a thousand words” and therefore, video —or a thousand pictures— is worth so much more." It makes so much sense. I definitely will incorperate video into my teaching but I would like to point out the idealism in his blog. He says we can video every thing and email the video of class to parents and to grandma and tells a story of the whole family watching a video of a child solving a math problem. In my experience even the most devoted and loving parents don't have time to watch the child's entire day of classes when they get home from school. We shouldn't gorge ourselves on tech. because its available. We should use it in moderation and tastefully. Our culture is to record everything and post all information. This can be harmful so the tech. we use should be thoughtfully considered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment