Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 3

Prensky's main message of this article is clearly stated in the first paragraph. Students have changed.
He is not just talking about a physical change but a mental shift. They "think and process information fundamentally differently" because of their lifelong exposure to technology. It is fascinating that my Brain has formed differently physically then my mother's because of technology. I am a Digital Native and my mother and my grandmother are Digital Immigrants. My mother has adapted very well to technology, such as Facebook, while my grandmother struggles greatly to post a new profile picture. Interestingly enough I have what Prensky calls an accent because I prefer to have things printed to reading them off a screen but I do know how to do things such as email urls. I feel stuck between native and immigrant because I do blame teachers for not holding my attention in class if they are "boring" but I can still learn from these immigrant teachers. So I wonder what kind of teacher I will come off as to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment