Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reflection 3

6 Reflective or Informative Entries regarding technology and/or teaching labeled “Reflection #1 - #6”.  These can be observations from a visit to a classroom, from NU classes, or reflections on something related to technology & education. Each entry should answer these questions: What? So What? Now What? (5 pts each)  

I am T.A.ing for my Structures of English class and I learned how to use the document camera. I had to figure it out all on my own and to my surprise it wasn't that difficult to figure out. This is exciting for me because now I know how to use it and have confidence to figure out other Tech.

3 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you were able to get some hands on experience in a classroom using technology. My question for you then is what do you want to try and figure out next? Also what do you think makes you hesitant to use technology in the first place and what effect do you think this will have on your use of technology in the future classroom?

    -- Chelsea Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you were able to learn quickly with the document camera. I think the fact that you were able to learn this skill so easily shows that you have grown up in an age of technology. Many of the teachers that I had in elementary school would never be able to figure that the document camera out and it would collecting dust in the back of the room. I think that we should use our skills gained from living in this age to help the older teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie, TA experience is the best, right? There is no better way to gain experience than being shoved into a situation where you've just got to figure it out yourself. I will definitely talk to you if I have questions on the Doc. Cam! I think the Doc. cam. can be a great resource because I have trouble with the concept of having my back to the class while at the whiteboard. This is a great resource for keeping your focus and your eyes out in the classroom while still being able to teach something using tech.

    ReplyDelete