Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 6

Using the information I learned from this article I would probably implement the first suggestion, student blogs for a science class room. The students would be assigned to post what they learned in class on their blogs as well as questions they have. These blogs would not be shared with other students to safeguard students from feeling the pressure to know everything.
The 4th idea occurred to me while reading the article. My science class might also look at the Wikipedia article about the subject we would be learning in class. Before hand I would have edited it to have blanks that the students would be asked to fill in as a check for understanding.
I love the 3rd idea, podcast, because it would be a great resource to kids who are sick or who's family vacations go long. Its used at the college level and I don't see why not in the secondary.
There were a ton of great ideas that this article presented that will prove useful as a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, this article was great for numerous ways to get students involved with technology. I especially enjoy the idea of using podcast at the secondary level.

    ReplyDelete