Before Class: Find one article written by Dr. Robert Marzano related to technology in education. Write a blog post about the article and one new thing you learned about tech in ed. Also include one piece of helpful information about applying tech to your future teaching
http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/feb10/vol67/num05/Using-Games-to-Enhance-Student-Achievement.aspx
In Dr. Marzano's article he stresses the importance of using games for student's learning. He goes on to talk about his experience with education. He places high value on using games to teach. I appreciate his going on to explain how to best use the games to teach.
Use inconsequential competition
Target essential academic content
Debrief the game
Have students revise their notes
These specific notes are very helpful for practical application for teaching. I will strive to use these in the future.
In Dr. Marzano's article he stresses the importance of using games for student's learning. He goes on to talk about his experience with education. He places high value on using games to teach. I appreciate his going on to explain how to best use the games to teach.
Use inconsequential competition
Target essential academic content
Debrief the game
Have students revise their notes
These specific notes are very helpful for practical application for teaching. I will strive to use these in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment