In my Instructional Design class Camille did a lesson plan using her Gumball Math SmartBoard presentation. It was great. We were very engaged with her game and participating with the lesson. Her use of technology engaged her students. In the future I want to make SmartBoard presentation to engage my students.
I couldn't agree more that technology in education like the smart board has made classes more engaging to students in the classroom. This is because the technology presents information in a way that is set up through games, and these games are teaching good skills like how to problem solve.
ReplyDeleteI agree! SMARTboard is a fantastic way to engage sttudents. Within that, I wonder how it will be to develop a routine with the smartboard in order to get kids used to seeing it and able to interact at a moment's notice with the tech.
ReplyDeleteJodie,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, thank you! I must admit, at the beginning of this year I was quite uncomfortable with the document camera, the SmartBoard, even using my computer at times. I am not a digital native, that's for sure. But I think using these technological tools really does enrich teaching.