In my classes here at Northwest there are many teachers who use technology well. But there are some who frequently misuse it. In one of my classes my teacher uses power points but the slides are always too wordy, too busy, and unattractive. Not only are the power points difficult to follow but the professor doesn't post them on discovery for further examination. This makes learning difficult.
In my future classes I want to make class content accessible to my students as well as make my power points both readable and attractive.
Jodie, I agree with you about how important it is to make sure power point slides are readable and aesthetically pleasing. It's almost unbelievable how much difference it makes to try to learn off of a well planned and executed slide versus a busy and cluttered slide.
ReplyDeleteBeth
I agree with both you and Beth and have experienced that same thing myself. This to me goes to show the difference between a teacher that uses technology to enhance student learning versus a teacher who uses technology becasue they have to. I think this is a great reminder to us as future teachers to question if when we are using a piece of tech for what purpose we are doing it.
ReplyDelete