Before Class: Create an entry with a list of the features of Word, Excel & PowerPoint that you use on a regular basis. List 3 projects that you could have your students do to learn or use Word, Excel or PowerPoint
I use word almost daily. It is used to write papers for my classes mostly. The double space feature and the font, type size, and color features are used a lot.
I never use Excel and I'm not really sure of how to use it...
PowerPoint is used occasionally. I'm not very good at using this either but I use the pre-made templates and move the text box around often. I have to change the font size a lot through the making of a PowerPoint presentation.
Word: The students would write a journal entry and email it to me.
Excel: The students would tally the amount of times students say "um" during our presentations.
PowerPoint:Students would create a PowerPoint presentation in a group project about their assigned reading.
Good idea to tally the "ummmmm's" - it definately makes students more aware of their speech habits and helps them to better their oral presentation skills.
ReplyDelete~JoDee